Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Living Your Strengths - a new direction for this blog

I am currently involved in a class at church called Living your Strengths based on a book by the same name. Since part of the class involves a daily reflection, I've decided to reinvigorate this blog as my reflection tool. The first activity we had to do for the class was take the Clifton StrengthsFinder test. The test was a bunch of descriptors and we had 20 seconds to determine which of each pair best described ourselves. The results are given in 5 Strength areas. Mine were as follows:
1. Strategic - meaning I can analyze and determine effective ways to solve problems or do things.
2. Input - I am a collector of information and things that may come in handy some day.
3. Activator - I would much rather learn by doing than over studying.
4. Self-Assurance - I have confidence in my decisions once they are made.
5. Learner - I love to learn new things simply because new information energizes me and feeds my Input strength.

No comments: