Friday, October 9, 2009

Calling Question #1

At the end of each week's study, there is a "calling question" leading us to find our calling in our lives. This week's question is "There are so many needs to be addressed in our world today: poverty, injustice, loneliness, substance abuse - to name a few......what needs make you stop and think, "I wish I could help!"?
I am constantly reminded how truly blest I am in my life and how small my problems are when I am faced every day with the people that our society has abandoned. Whether it is the homeless person who smells less than lovely and acts a little funny, the man everyone assumes is homeless but really just can't find an affordable apartment, the teen left to her own devices all day or the lonely person whose only human interaction in a day may be talking to my staff, it seems truly amazing to me in a culture with so much that individuals like this must exist without support, either monetary, physical or emotional.
I do not have any answers but I do know that my heart strings are tugged every time I see one of these forgotten ones.

No comments: